Products and Suppliers
Hawkesbury Stores stocks everyday essentials alongside high-quality, local and fresh produce. We strive to suit all budgets by offering both branded and economy ranges.
Artisan breads from Hobbs House Bakery
- Our delicious fresh bread is provided by Hobbs House Bakery (home of TV’s Fabulous BakerBoys) based just a few miles away.
- Our milk arrives daily from the family-run Cotteswold Dairy, who source predominantly from farms in Gloucestershire.
- Cakes, tray bakes, quiches and season baking, including gluten-free are provided by Flour Power located within the village.
- Our fresh free-range eggs are laid by hens in nearby village Sherston, and we stock medium and large sizes.
- Scotch eggs, sausage rolls and quiches are supplied by Jon Howell butchers in Chipping Sodbury.
- Easter Compton farm shop supply us with steaks, gammon, sausages, bacon and faggots.
- Our poultry products, including our turkeys at Christmas, are supplied by Pococks Poultry, Melksham.
- Our freezers contain a fabulous range of ice cream flavours from Marshfield Farm, only 10 miles away.
- Local producers Bath Ales and Butcombe Brewing Co. supply superb ranges of bottled real ales all from within 30 miles of Hawkesbury. We have delicious bottled ciders from the Cotswolds and more locally, we have Orchard Revival from North Nibley.
- Hawkesbury Honey is available seasonally and supplied from within the village.
- Complement our fantastic choice of cheese with one of our range of locally-produced pickles, condiments and chutneys from Tracklements (Malmesbury).
- You’ll find wonderful home-produced preserves and apple juice from Severn View Farm, less than two miles from the Stores.
- As well as daily deliveries of fruit and veg from Bath, we’re very lucky that local growers often donate delicious seasonal produce fresh from the allotment – from cucumbers and herbs, to rhubarb and lettuce, and even bunches of fresh flowers.
- Jackie Sandy, one of our shop volunteers, supplies us with lovely bouquets of fresh, seasonal flowers and can supply to order.
- We have lovely gifts of candles and room fresheners from Designed By Day.
- We stock kindling and firewood provided by Bernie Watts and getting in to barbecue season, charcoal from Stroud.
Other Stores’ Specialities
We have a great range of cheeses
- We stock an eclectic range of cheeses, with exciting new flavours arriving weekly from Leopard Dairy Products. So whether you simply want some cheddar for your sandwiches or something more unusual for a cheeseboard, you’ll find it at Hawkesbury Stores.
- At the weekend you’ll find freshly baked croissants and pain au chocolat for your leisurely breakfast. But make sure you come in early – or book ahead – as they sell out fast.
- We provide an ecover refill service for laundry liquid, fabric conditioner and washing up liquid – just bring a measurable container and fill it up to cut down on packaging waste. Our ecover prices are cheaper than leading supermarkets!
- On the lovely sunny days, sit at our bistro table and enjoy a tea or coffee. On the not so sunny days, you may need a cappuccino and a hot pie to-go!
We have a growing range of gluten free products, including pasta, soups, sauce mixes, snacks, cakes and biscuits. We will happily order gluten free bread for you from Hobbs House Bakery.