To safeguard the community during this time of increased Covid-19 infection rates, the Management Committee has reviewed access arrangements to Hawkesbury Stores. This New Year bulletin explains the new arrangements and offers helpful advice to make your use of the shop as safe and convenient for all concerned.
Customer Numbers Reduced to 3
With immediate effect we will be limiting access to 3 customers at any one time. During busy times, this means customers may need to queue outside, so please wrap up warm. Also, please do your bit for community safety by wearing your face covering and sanitising your hands as you enter the shop.
How to Avoid Busy Times
If you are able to avoid our busiest times, you are less likely to need to queue. These are:
- Mornings generally between 9am and 12noon
- Saturday mornings in particular
How to Order Online
Ordering online will also help you avoid queuing. Browse our full range of products here:
We are pleased to offer two options for online orders:
- Click and Collect (Monday–Saturday)– order online by 12 noon on your preferred day and your order will be ready for collection from our side door between 3-5.00pm that same day. There is no charge for this service.
- Home deliveries (Friday afternoons)– order online any day up until 12noon on a Friday. and your order will be delivered to your door between 3pm and 5pm on your chosen Friday. Delivery is free, with a minimum order of just £5.
How to Order by Email & Phone
While it’s easiest for shop staff if you order online, we are happy to take orders by email and telephone if required.
- By Email: email@example.com.
- By Phone: 01454 238639.
Meanwhile we will continue to open at our usual hours:
- 7am-7pm Monday-Saturday (CLOSED on New Year’s Day)
- 8am-1pm on Sundays
Your Well-stocked Shop
We continue to hold good levels of stock, so whether you visit the shop in person or order online, you shouldn’t have any worries about supplies. Deliveries arrive daily, but not everything arrives every day, so give us a call if you have a particular need (01454 238639) and we will do our best to provide for it.
We will, of course, be keeping all our services including the online ordering system under review. To stay up to date with our latest developments, please follow us via our website, via the Parish News and on Facebook.
Thank You and Happy New Year
Finally, we would like to thank all the staff and volunteers who are working hard to provide the services our community needs during this challenging time, and to thank you, our customers for your continuing support. We hope that the year ahead will be much better than the one we leave behind.
Happy New Year to you all!
From the Management Committee
Chris, Pauline, Emma, Fiona, Susan, Sue, Julian, Mike & Debbie