Store Manager, Hawkesbury Upton
Full time – Circa £20,000pa
Hawkesbury Stores is a community shop. Owned by the community and run for the community. Our manager role offers you the opportunity to focus on more than just the bottom line.
What you will be doing as our Store Manager
- Exploring new and innovative ways to increase sales performance;
- Coaching and developing your team to serve our customers and take an active role in the community;
- Leading the team to ensure a great retail experience;
- Ensuring a safe and secure store environment;
- Building great links with all our stakeholders including suppliers and volunteers.
What you need to be our Store Manager
It takes a special combination of skills to be successful in our environment. You’ll be the kind of person who is always willing to get stuck in and work alongside colleagues on the shop floor, and you’ll inspire our team by showing them how to make an already successful store even more successful. We’re also looking for
- Retail or hospitality management experience
- Experience of leading successful teams
- Experience in improving business performance and forecasting
- Commercial understanding of how to present an attractive retail offer
- Confidence in managing conflicting priorities
Why Hawkesbury Stores
It’s an exciting time to join us as Store Manager. We’re crafting our next 5 Year Plan and expect to be working towards something bigger and better. You’ll be rewarded with a competitive salary, great holiday allowance, annual incentive scheme and a pension.
An inclusive work environment
We welcome applications from everyone. You can adjust your hours to fit into a rota. You will need your own transport as the bus service is patchy. There is some heavy lifting involved to more products around. Safeguarding is important to us. All staff are required to receive satisfactory enhanced DBS clearance.
For more information or to collect an application pack please email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us via our website’s contact form. Closing Date : 12 noon Wednesday 7th May.