Do you have specialist knowledge, skills or experience in any of the following fields?
- Retail management
- Human resources management
- Health and safety
- Property maintenance and management
Maybe your day job is in one of these areas? Perhaps you are enjoying retirement after a relevant career? If so, Hawkesbury Stores would love to hear from you.
Don’t worry, we won’t try to press-gang you onto the Management Committee – although if you’d like to join it, that’s fine too! All we are asking is for you to donate an hour or two of your time now and again. Ways you might help are:
- Being willing to field the odd phone call from a member of the committee to ask you specific questions
- Carrying out an informal review of an aspect of our operations, reporting on your findings and making recommendations
- Alerting us to imminent changes in legislation that will affect the shop’s operations, eg in trading standards, food labelling, employment law, etc
- Providing practical support for one-off DIY and decorating projects
If you have any other areas of expertise not listed above that you think might be useful to the Stores, we’d like to hear about those too.
For an informal chat about volunteering your services, please contact our Secretary, Pauline Dixon, via email@example.com.
In the meantime, a huge thanks to our existing band of dedicated volunteers (and staff too) who make Hawkesbury Stores such a valuable and vital part of our community.
Hawkesbury Stores Management Committee